Then the time came where that time was up, and the rest of my learning experience had to happen in another place. In a general sense, I imagine the time we all left the Pre-mortal World would have been bitter sweet. Bitter because we knew we had to leave the presence of our Heavenly Father. I'm sure we all had friends in that world, and leaving them could have been a little bit of a heartache. However, sweet considering we understood that by going to earth would be the only way to progress towards the next steps toward returning with our Father and loved ones again.

Heavenly Father knew that we would struggle on the earth. He knew it's not always the happiest place to be. He wanted us all to be happy. He sent us into families who will help us in our lives. We all were sent to specific families for special purposes; He knew their talents and abilities and knew they are important in helping each of us in specific ways. This is how I like to think of it. Often times I wonder what it would have been like being born into a different family. I'm sure it would be way different depending on the location, the people involved, and the different life experiences. But God has placed us in certain families for certain reasons, in which we should be eternally grateful.
I absolutely love this you tube video link of a father's perspective in caring for his family and I encourage each of you to watch it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5FxdCgD-qI
This video is the daughter's and mother's perspective about their father/husband:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhqRMP9meMc
Here's another link I thought was interesting:
http://www.activeparenting.com/Parents-Parenting_Style_Quiz
It’s important
that parents learn about the qualities our Savior has and strive to develop
those qualities. Our Savior is a reflection of our Father in Heaven. Ultimately
as parents strive to develop and live by Christ-like qualities, they will be reflecting
who our Father in Heaven is like. That is so important for children to be able
to recognize who their Father in Heaven is based on their parents’ example and
actions. It is such a blessing to have the opportunity to raise God's children here on earth.
Here is an example from Baumrind's perspective as to help rear your children in a more positive outcome from "Successful Marriages and Families: Proclamation Principles and Research Perspectives":
"Baumrind's perspective mirrors that of the proclamation, which gives a substantial list of principles and practices parents should follow in seeking to establish a happy family and successfully rear their children. Each word in proclamation counsel denotes a world of possibilities; the details do matter...the proclamation also suggests that significant teaching is required to bring about positive outcomes (for example, teaching children to love and serve one another)"(pp. 118-127).
Sources:
Nelson, D. (2012). Parenting in Gospel Context: Practices Do Make a Difference. In Successful Marriages and Families: Proclamation Principles and Research Perspectives (pp. 118-127). Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University.
No comments:
Post a Comment